Sweet chili sauce recipe is super easy and simple.
How to make a sweet chili sauce that goes well with any fried dish.
If you made this sweet chili sauce one time, you never going to buy it from the mart.
It is easy to make, simple ingredients you always have.
Sweet and sour… It’s called chili sauce, but it’s not spicy at all. Still, some Westerners say this sauce is spicy.
My hubby is the person who orders raw chilies when ordering hamburgers at restaurants.
He said this sweet chili sauce is not spicy enough, instead, he look for the sriratcha sauce or more hotter one.
It subtly enhances the taste of food. It is one of the sauces that go very well with various fried dishes.
The sweet, sour and slightly spicy taste reduces the greasy taste of the fried dishes.
Besides, it’s a addictive sauce.
Dipping spring rolls, deep-fried shrimp, tempura, fried chicken, dumplings… etc.
It is called ‘nam chim’ In Thailand, you can see this sauce bottle on the tables the Thai restaurants and other South East Asian and Chinese restaurants.
I saw a child dipping chicken nuggets in this sauce at McDonald’s in Hong Kong.
Make sweet chili sauce
With this sweet chili sauce recipe –
You can use red peppers or red capsicum instead chili if you avoid spicy.
You can use blender instead chopping garlic and red chili. It’s totally up to you.
If you are a vegan, you can use salt to taste. But you are not a vegan, use the fish sauce. It is much better taste.
Sweet chili sauce recipe
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 tablespoons chopped red chili (or chopped red capsicum)
- 1 teaspoons salt (or ½Tbsp fish sauce)
- ½ tablespoons corn starch and 1 Tbsp water
- Finely chop the garlic and red chili.
- Put water, sugar, garlic, chili, and rice vinegar in a pot and boil over medium heat.When it starts to boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, mix well with starch + 1 tablespoon of water and put in the pot, stir and simmer for about 30 seconds.Season with salt or fish sauceCool completely, place in a clean bottle and refrigerate before use.