This cranberry shortbread cookies recipe is so easy with simple ingredients.
It’s simple but delicious, so I made it often. Probably over 20 years.
I made this cranberry shortbread cookies recipe after seeing it in a Christmas magazine when I was living in New Zealand.
That was the first baking in my life.
As I bake often, I develop my baking skills little by little.
Since then, this cranberry shortbread cookies recipe has been changed to make it easier to make.
Easy recipes are getting easier. ^^
Last December, I went to Australia to see my husband’s family.
At that time, I organized the recipe cards left by my mother-in-law, and there were a lot of very good recipes.
I decided to make a video while arranging the recipe cards.
After planning to make a cooking video, I thought I should practice with an easiest recipe.
These cranberry shortbread cookies were just right.
It’s easy to make the dough, put it in the fridge, cut it, and bake it. How simple is it?
Even the ingredients are simple.
I believe many of you know how to make these shortbread cookies.
If you know how to make these cookies, please watch the video and give me advice rather than the recipe.
Cranberry shortbread cookies note
*If you soak the cranberries in milk for a while, the cranberries won’t play separately when you cut them with a knife later.
Also, cranberries are soft when you eat them. The same goes for using raisins or other dried fruits.
*Usually, shortbread cookies do not add baking soda or baking powder, but a little bit of baking powder makes the cookies very crispy and soft.
Instead, I was able to reduce the amount of butter from the original recipe.
Cranberry shortbread cookies recipe
- 50 ml dry cranberry
- 4 tablespoons cold milk
- 500 ml all purpose flour (220g)
- 50 ml sugar
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 110 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the dried cranberries in 4 tablespoons of milk.
- After mixing the flour, sugar and baking powder well, add room temperature butter and mix evenly with your hands.
- Add the vanilla extract to the milk and pour little by little into the flour.
- Gather it into a ball and shape it to the size you want. Wrap tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When you want to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.Take out the cookie dough, cut it into 0.5~0.7mm thick pieces with a knife.
- Place on an oven pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.