This is homemade pasta recipe made of 3 simple ingredient(flour, egg, salt). I learned when I was traveling Italy.
I learned this homemade fresh pasta from a cooking class when I was traveling in Modena, Italy 3 years ago.
There was the Ferrari owner driving course program which my hubby was in.
They offered different activities for the following guests(mostly wives) when the course participants were on the track.
The cooking class was one of them.
I never have been the cooking class before, but it was so much fun.
The chef who teach us was from Enzo Ferrari’s favorite restaurant in his lifetime.
We learned how to make fresh pasta (pappardelle, tortellini, lavioli), how to cook those pasta and sauce.
Anyway, I made this homemade fresh pasta follow the cooking class recipe step by step.
It is simple ingredients, easy method and a little bit of strong arm…^^
Homemade fresh egg pasta
Make fresh pasta at home is ancient Italian history.
From the dough rolled with a rolling pin were obtained already noodles, lasagna, ravioli, tortellini.. etc.
It does not take much time to prepare a good pasta.
In fact, the dough knead in 10 minutes, the dough should be rest 30 minutes, roll out the dough and cut it about 20 minutes.
So in 1 hour the ‘game’ is done.
Here is a small but useful tips for the prepare pasta.
- The rough work surface is more suitable than a smooth surface.
- When you mix the dough on the work surface, put the eggs into the flour, lightly beat them with a fork and immediately begin to knead with your fingers so the eggs does not go out of the fountain.
- The addition of salt – The salt should not be added to the mixture according to the current Emilia, but a pinch of salt would not be harmed.
- One egg for every 100g of flour.
- The dough is kneaded for at least 10 minutes, occasionally banging on the work surface to make it more elastic.
- Once finished knead the dough, let rest in a damp cloth more than 30 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough a little at a time and the remaining hold aways well covered with the damp cloth.
- If you plan to make tortellini or lavioli, prepare the filling before the dough .
Homemade fresh pasta recipe
- 400 g all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, formed a hallow in the center.Place the eggs in the center of the flour, add salt.
- Start mix the eggs with a fork or a spoon, taking the flour from the edges. Then work with the hands the dough, mix all the flour until the dough reaches a firm consistency.
- If the dough does not fully collect the flour or slightly harder then add ½ ~1 tablespoons of warm water and continue to knead until smooth and compact.
- Cove the dough with plastic wrap or a wet tea towel, let rest for about 30 minutes to 1 hour in a cool place.After resting, the dough will be more soft and elastic.
- Flour the work surface and a rolling pin.Before you roll out your dough flattened by lightly pressing with your fingers,Start roll out the dough with rolling pin until you obtain the desired thickness.
- When you've got the right thickness, you can get the desired pasta shapes. For noodle like 'Fettuccine', flour the dough and roll it up on itself.
Cut the roll wide you chosen.
- To get lasagna, cut into rectangles of 20 X 14 cm, or the size that best fits the pan you will use for the lasagna.
with pasta roller
- Cut the dough into workable portions.Set 1 portion aside to work with, and return the rest to the plastic wrap or tea towel.
- Shape the dough into rectangle 5 X 10 cm.Lightly dust with flour each side for not to stick to the roller,.Run the dough through the widest setting of the roller, rotating the dial each time to make the pasta sheet thinner and thinner until you desired thickness.
- Run the pasta sheets through your desired pasta cutter attachment.Ensure each of the noodles are well covered in flour so they don't stick. You can't go overboard here because it will all come off when you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of generously-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and then immediately stir it so that the noodles don't stick together. Cook until al dente, 3~5 minutes depends on your pasta shape and thickness.